Sunday, March 9, 2014

Freedom from Stress

Sit quietly. Close your eyes. Take three deep breaths. Now ask yourself, "What is the purpose of stress / anxiety/ panic in my life? Why have I invited it in my experience? How is it serving my growth and evolution? What lesson is it teaching me? Is it in my best interest to release it NOW?” Listen to the answers. The answers may surprise you and give you a fresh perspective.

If you do not wish to look for the purpose (or the idea overwhelms you), Tell yourself, “Even though I do not understand how this stress may help in my growth and evolution, I trust that the universe knows its business. I surrender this stress to the universal wisdom. And so be it.” You will be surprised at the peace this simple prayer will bring to you.

Whenever you find yourself falling in old habitual patterns of feeding stress, offer compassion to yourself by saying, “Dear God, I know I am falling in the old trap. Please let me be kind to myself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment