Saturday, May 4, 2013

Learning- Challenges

We are often told that there are no problems in our life; only opportunities we choose to call problems.....and when we think clearly with a calm mind, this does sound right; because in retrospect all problems do seem like great opportunities.

However, when we are in the midst of a problem, besieged with all the feelings/ emotions that have surfaced ( thanks to the problem), it is not very easy to call it an opportunity (even in-disguise). 

Some teachers ask us to keep repeating, 'it is okay. all is well', even when it doesn't seem okay or well at all (fake it till you make it philosophy). But I feel that this faking puts extra pressure on us and makes us suppress our authentic emotions. 

Whenever I am faced with some situation that seems like a problem and arouses my so-called negative emotions, I acknowledge those emotions and begin to observe them. Then I tell myself, "My soul created this situation to make me use all that I have learnt so far (time to walk my talk), and also to add to that learning through my personal experience (lived wisdom)." 

I prefer to call such situations learning-opportunities but advise my clients to choose any word that they are more comfortable with, such as contrast-situation/ challenge/ obstacle etc; because I have seen that the word 'problem' itself carries many unwanted connotations such as struggle, anxiety, panic, stress etc. (The very word pulls our energies down; so it is better to not use it.)  

The fact is that there isn't a single person on this planet, who doesn't face problems/ obstacles/ challenges/ contrast-situations/ learning-opportunities etc. etc. Such a life is not suitable for this planet, where we are training to strengthen our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects. We learn, grow and evolve and practice our new found skills/ knowledge/ wisdom/ strengths/ empowerment/ enlightenment through such situations........and this carries on as long as we are in this body. 

We cannot wish away/ run from/ brush under the carpet/ hide/ cover such life-situations; we can only learn from them and GROW!

Life is a dynamic space so "stuff" will continue to happen, but when we are authentic ( which means that our thoughts/ words/ actions do not create resistance in us), our life begins to feel different, in a good way..........I should know; I have walked this path!

Then there is another pay-off; bonus so to say! Every contrast-situation/ challenge/ obstacle/ problem eventually inspires us to choose/ desire something different/ better; and intend/ aim for it. Thus we create a different/ better / more fulfilling life! 

And that's the GRACE/ the BLESSING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment