Friday, April 19, 2013

Attitude


"We awaken in others the same attitude of mind we hold towards them."
– Elbert Hubbard


What a beautiful saying and so very true! When I think of someone as stubborn, s/he shows a stubborn attitude towards me. When I think of someone as intelligent, his/ her intelligence gets expressed in my presence. When I think of someone as lazy, that person reveals laziness of mind and body. 

I awaken in others, what I think about them.....and so do you! So, the next time you either praise or criticize someone's behaviour, know that you have awakened it in him/ her/ them, by your perceived opinion of that person (or a certain type of people).

For example, when we think that Indians will always litter, they do!! When we think that politicians/ bureaucrats/ police officials are usually corrupt, they are!! When we think that corporate practices are mostly unethical, they are!!

If we wish to change the world, we have to change our attitude towards it!! and our attitudes get affected by what we think/ read/ write/ speak...:))
-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment