Thursday, April 4, 2013

Discover Your Passion

The other day someone asked me, "What must I do with my life?" I gave my standard answer, "Follow your heart. Do what you are passionate about." He said, "Yehi to problem hai. I don't know what I am passionate about. I have a few interests but there is no passion." I tried another line, "Tell me what is it that you look forward to doing on weekends." He grinned and said, "Sleep." I said, "Wow! You are so clear about it. That's great. Take a few days off from work and just sleep to your heart's content. Sleep until your body/ mind/ heart says, bas ab aur nahin. No more sleep for me. I am tired of sleeping. and then ask yourself, 'what would I love to do now?' You will get your answer." He said, "I can't do that. I can't spend my hard-earned leave just sleeping. I may need it for some urgent work later. How can I do that? Even my family will be aghast."

You see the trap....:)) There is something which we want to do in the now; and unless we do it to our heart's content it won't let us get in touch with our true passion, and yet, we find enough reasons not to do it.

We need to understand that sometimes our passions are not really visible to us because there is something else which needs to be gotten over with first. So, please connect with your heart today. Ask yourself, 'What do I like to do best in my spare/ free/ leisure hours?' Accept whatever answer pops up - be it sleeping, watching TV, Internet surfing/ Chatting, lazying around, doing nothing, mall hopping, hanging out with friends, partying etc. etc. etc. and DO IT to your heart's content- at a stretch- until you are saturated (sick of doing it) and then ask the million dollar question, "Doing what would excite me now? What do I really want to do?"...You will get your answer.

Remember, no answer that emanates from your heart is ever wrong..........because it will ALWAYS take you towards the life you dream about. There may be some detours but they will only add to the fun--especially, when you look back.

So, what are you passionate about??? and who/ what are you waiting for???

No comments:

Post a Comment