Sunday, March 10, 2013

Authentic Directness

I am from Western UP, married to a man from Bengal....:) Soon after our marriage, my husband noticed (and commented) that I was rather 'kaath khotta'.....roughly translated, it implied being blunt/ rough/ rude/ not sophisticated or cultured enough...Since I was very conscious of my 'jat-land-roots', I tried (quite unsuccessfully I must add) to veil/ cover/ mask my kaath-khotta-ness with 'socially/ culturally correctness'......

Today, I understand that being 'kaath-khotta' also means being truthful, direct, authentic, and real.......So, even though I agree that my part of the world is famous for being rude/ rough, I also take pride in our authentic directness.........I am learning to ACCEPT both these aspects of my up-bringing......♥

2 comments:

  1. I agree, hometown, Mysore ,Karnataka was brought up with soft spoken people. Studied in North Karnataka and then lived in Delhi ....the rough talking Bijapur or Haryana lot are also a lot true and their love is authentic

    ReplyDelete