Monday, March 11, 2013

Subjective- Objective


While the 'parent-child' analogy brings in the required subjectivity in our understandings, the computer analogy brings in the required objectivity........and while staying with this objectivity, do we often look at our old people as out-dated gadgets that need to be replaced? Do we get the same feeling when we look at our out-dated mobile phone/ TV/ computer/ camera etc- such as, I know it must be discarded but I can't afford a new one as of now. I am too attached to it. It is still useful. It is serving my purpose. I have got used to it. It is my comfort zone. I will use it as long as it is working. My children are after my life to throw this but I kind-of love it. It is so wasteful to discard something which is still ticking.

Have you ever wondered why youngsters can easily discard old stuff?.........They don't get too attached to it.

Is that a sign of unabashed materialism or a state of enlightenment?

I wonder........................:)

No comments:

Post a Comment